A second case of measles has been confirmed in the ACT, prompting doctors to renew calls for Canberrans to make sure they are vaccinated.
ACT chief health officer Paul Kelly said the person had been placed in isolation at Canberra Hospital after contracting the infection.
Dr Kelly said it was believed the person caught the virus from a measles case reported on December 18.
The subject of the second case did not attend any public venues or events in the ACT while infectious, Dr Kelly said, meaning there was a "minimal risk of exposure to the general public".
The person travelled in NSW between Christmas and New Year. ACT Health was now working with its cross-border counterparts to provide information to those possibly affected.
Dr Kelly said measles was highly contagious among people who were not vaccinated against the infection.
The virus is spread through coughing and sneezing, or through direct contact.
Symptoms typically developed seven to 18 days after exposure, and could include a fever, tiredness, cough, runny nose and sore eyes, followed by a rash.
Dr Kelly said anyone with the symptoms should see a doctor immediately.
"With many travelling over the holiday period in the next few weeks, we are encouraging people to check their immunisation status and get up to date if needed before travelling," he said.