NSW Fire and Rescue extinguished a house fire in Walga Close, Carwoola on Saturday night.
The fire, which was believed to have been started by a hot iron being left on, damaged more than half of the home and the majority of the contents, a NSW Fire and Rescue spokesman said.
"There was quite a bit of damage," the spokesman said.
"It looks like the resident left an iron on in the laundry area and forgot about it."
Meanwhile, also on Saturday evening NSW Fire and Rescue a huge gum tree fell down outside a unit block on Mowatt Street, severing power to the units and blocking entry and exit from the underground car park.