More details have emerged about the second confirmed case of COVID-19 in the ACT.
A man in his 30s was diagnosed with COVID-19 on Sunday night, ACT Chief Health Officer Dr Kerryn Coleman said on Monday morning.
Dr Coleman said the man in his 30s most likely contracted the virus interstate at a private event in NSW.
However, the man had been out in public in Canberra on Saturday.
Dr Coleman said the man had attended the Art, Not Apart festival on Saturday afternoon between 4pm to 5pm and then Capital Brewing Company in Fyshwick on Saturday evening between 5pm to 6:30pm.
People in those areas have been asked to monitor symptoms, but are not required to go into isolation.
"Exposures to the public are very low and individuals there [should] be aware of the symptoms," Dr Coleman said.
"As the risk of exposure is so low, people don't need to isolate."
The man had also been to work and contacts close to him had exhibited symptoms, Dr Coleman said.
"We have identified a few close contacts of these individuals and they are being contacted," she said.
"Some of these people being tested have some symptoms."
Earlier in the day, an image was circulated online of a sign posted on the front of Flight Centre's Manuka store, on Flinders Way, that said an employee had tested positive for the virus.
Dr Coleman was asked if the man infected was an employee at the store, which she would not confirm.
"I won't be confirming where he was working, what I can say is all the close contacts of his work place have been identified and provided with the right information," she said.
"I acknowledge there is information out in the community, however it is not my position to confirm that."
Without confirming the workplace, Dr Coleman said no customers were put at risk.
The Canberra Times reached out to Flight Centre to seek information but a spokesman said they were unable to comment in detail.
"Our people's and customers' safety are paramount and we have advised the relevant authorities and taken the necessary precautions," the spokesman said.
At about 2:45pm, The Canberra Times observed a sign that read the store was closed temporarily for two weeks. This sign had no mention of a staff member testing positive for COVID-19.
Dr Coleman also said the man was a "member of a school community" and had been on school grounds briefly while infected.
In an email seen by The Canberra Times, Telopea Park School principal Kerrie Blain messaged parents that said there was a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the school community.
"The person is not a student or staff member at the school," she wrote.
"The person attended the school grounds very briefly while infectious but did not enter any of the school buildings.
"There is no cause for alarm and the health advice we have received this morning is that there is no need for us to close the school, or any classrooms.
"Staff and students are not required to self isolate at home unless they have been contacted directly by ACT Health."
Capital Brewing Co also sent an email to customers that said it remained open.
Managing director Laurence Kain said the brewery had been told by ACT Health the venure was safe to operate and it had put in place measures to increase sanitisation in day to day operations.
"As a precaution, we have thoroughly sanitised all customer touchpoints in the venue with industrial-grade contact sanitiser and continue to sanitise the venue multiple times a day," he said.
Authorities are tracing anyone who has come into contact with the man.
"ACT Health is undertaking appropriate public health action, working with other state health authorities, to understand further details of the individual's possible source of exposure and to follow up with close contacts as a priority," an ACT Health spokesman said.
"This work is being conducted in line with national guidelines."
The second case of coronavirus comes just days as the ACT recorded its first confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19.
The first case, also a man in his 30s, was diagnosed on Thursday.
As of Monday, there have been more than 1100 negative tests in Canberra.
We have removed our paywall from our stories about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we want to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe here.