Stay-at-home orders will be lifted from midnight for Victorians who have travelled to the ACT, but health authorities are still urging caution ahead of the long weekend.
Victorian travellers who entered Canberra were subject to the stay-at-home orders in line with the two-week lockdown in the state, following a spike in Covid cases.
With the lockdown ending on Friday, those who had been confined to their homes will be allowed to leave.
However, ACT health officials have said those from Victoria looking to travel to the ACT will still need to fill out a travel declaration 24 hours before they arrive.
Those requirements will be in place until June 17.
Victorians looking to go to the ACT will still need to follow public health directions from the state government, in line with restrictions following the end of lockdown.
An ACT Health spokesman said Canberrans should carefully consider their travel plans to Victoria ahead of the Queen's Birthday long weekend.
"If you choose to travel, you must abide by all public health directions in place in Victoria," the spokesman said.
"You should also be prepared to change your travel plans at short notice if the situation changes."
ACT residents have been urged to see if they have visited any Covid hotspots, after a Victorian woman tested positive for Covid after travelling to the Sunshine Coast while Melbourne was under lockdown.
A list of exposure sites for several towns the woman and her husband, who subsequently tested positive, visited in country NSW on the way to Queensland has been released.
"People in the ACT who have been in these jurisdictions in the last 14 days should check the COVID-19 areas of concern information on the ACT's COVID-19 website to see if they have visited one of those close or casual exposure locations during the dates and times specified," the ACT Health spokesman said.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: