The final tally from The Green Shed's big LEGO sale last weekend has been revealed.
The sale, in the shed, at Mugga Lane, last Saturday in sweltering conditions, raised an amazing $41,808.50 for the Canberra Hospital Foundation.
The money will go towards an MRI trolley and refurbishment of a parents' room.
There will be extra money to use for items still on the wish list at the hospital.
Chief Minister Andrew Barr and the foundation's deputy chair Tony Henshaw attended the cheque presentation on Wednesday, with The Green Shed co-founders Tiny (Goran) Srejic, Elaine Stanford, Sandie Parkes and Charlie Bigg-Wither.
About 1.3 tonnes of LEGO was sold. About 40 per cent of the LEGO originated from the tip or had been donated to The Green Shed. The other 60 per cent came from the personal collection of Charlie Bigg-Wither, he of the famous Lego House in Turner.
"This was far beyond our expectations and we are just so chuffed that it all worked out so well," The Green Shed posted on Facebook.
"A massive thank you to everyone that showed up, to all the volunteers and of course our awesome staff who volunteered their time
"Well done everybody!!!!"
We'd have to agree.