The ACT government is refusing to release submissions into its review of concessions for seniors and the less well off, saying they are still being considered.
Chief Minister Andrew Barr has foreshadowed a crackdown on concessions and discounts, which are available to seniors and pensioners, people on low incomes, veterans, people with disabilities and students.
They variously receive discounts on car registration, bus travel, rates bills, power and water charges, taxis, funerals and glasses.
Mr Barr said in March the government was paying particular attention to concessions that were not means tested to ensure it was not giving concessions to "millionaires".
"Let me be clear that we want to ensure that the concessions the community provides through the ACT government go to those who need it most. This is not an exercise in funnelling money to people who do not need it," he said.
When asked by the Liberals whether he would release the results of the review, he had told the Legislative Assembly the process would be "very public".
However, with submissions closed on April 10, the government said it hadn't decided when they would be released "as they are now being formally considered by the government".
It received "around 20" submissions, it said.
The government was also awaiting any changes in the Commonwealth budget. The Commonwealth last year scrapped its contribution towards concessions for people on pensioner cards and seniors cards; a scheme that funded concessions on rates, utility bills, car registration and public transport.
Mr Barr's spokesman said that scheme had been worth $2.2 million to the ACT.
While Mr Barr told the assembly he was "paying particular attention" to concessions that were not means tested, his spokesman said the review was looking at "
"Our priority is to ensure that the concessions system is fair and sustainable."
The final report of the concessions review would be made public but that was unlikely before the ACT budget on June 2, Mr Barr's spokesman said.