Hilton would open a luxury hotel in Canberra - the global giant's first venture into the nation's capital - under an unsolicited proposal presented to the ACT government.
The five-star Hilton Canberra would be built alongside, or as part of, a so-called "World Trade Technology Centre", according to a summary of the proposal.
Details of the project have been made public after it was presented to the government on May 7.
The Hilton Canberra, if given the green light, would add to Canberra's lengthening pipeline of hotel projects, which includes Geocon's Garema Place development.
The development is being pushed by a consortium - Hilton Canberra WTTC - which includes Hilton's Australian arm, as well as two Sydney-based entities, Ledrae Hotels Pty Ltd and M20 Pty Ltd.
Hilton last year announced it was partnering with Ledrae Hotels on a new 245-room hotel in Parramatta.
Ledrae Hotels and M20 are headed by Michael Kyriacou and Lionel Chen respectively, according to company records.
According to the project summary, the Hilton Canberra would be a five-star, full-service hotel, with "signature" restaurants, bars, a health club, pools and grand ballroom.
The development would also include a hotel school, a child care centre and a nursing academy.
It is unclear whether those training schools would be part of the so-called "World Trade Technology Centre", which the summary states would "host" trade and technology firms.
Hilton has seemingly been eyeing Canberra for a number of years, with reports dating back to 2015 suggesting the hotel giant was considering expanding its footprint into the national capital.
In 2017, The Canberra Times reported Chief Minister Andrew Barr was "actively seeking" a meeting with Hilton Hotels, as he sought to encourage high-end international hotel groups to establish a presence in Canberra.
Hilton's bid comes in the midst of a hotel boom in the ACT, which one firm has predicted could soon reach a tipping point.
More than 700 hotel rooms are under construction or in the planning stage, according to a new report from real estate firm CBRE.
The firm's report said the Canberra market was expected "struggle to absorb the new product", which would hurt operators in the "medium-term".
Hilton Australia did not respond to questions about the proposal, including the likely location and expected cost, when contacted by The Canberra Times on Monday.
The project will need to pass the government's lengthy assessment process for unsolicited proposals if it is to get off the ground.
Hilton's concept plan has been presented to the government's unsolicited proposals steering committee, which includes the head of the ACT public service, the chief planner and the territory's under-treasurer.
If the committee believes the project warrants further consideration, it will ask Hilton to prepare a detailed submission.
The proposal would only go to Cabinet if the committee gave the submission the green light.
An ACT government spokeswoman said no decision had been made on whether to "progress or not progress with the proposal at this stage".
Two years ago, the Barr government refined the way it assessed proposals which had been pitched directly to it, in the wake of the backlash which ultimately scuttled Grocon and GWS Giants' $800 million bid to transform Manuka Oval.
Mr Barr told June's budget estimates that the government was receiving fewer unsolicited proposals, following an initial rush after new guidelines were put in place.
He said a "very small number" passed through the various assessment stages, describing a trend of applications which sought to secure public land in a "largely uncompetitive way" for projects which were at odds with planning rules and government policy.