We're predicting Farmer Neil from Farmer Wants a Wife will be a bit of a dark horse on the rebooted reality show, the Crookwell grazier showing he has a slightly out-there sense of humour and a good dose of individuality.
The merino sheep farmer from the little town north-west of Goulburn had to list five things that make him unique. His were:
- I make the bed every morning with hospital corners.
- I cook an unforgettable lasagne
- I can recite Dirty Dancing from start to finish.
- Long walks on the beach confuse me. Why not walk on the path - it's easier. If you're on the beach, go for a swim!
- I think life is like a poker game. Rarely show your cards, play the person, not the hand, and learn as much from your wins as your losses.
The 42-year-old has three children aged 14 to 17. He doesn't want to have more children but is happy if a future partner has children, or doesn't have them. He loves reading, writing, rugby and running. He rates "the spark, teamwork and honesty" as high priorities in a relationship.
"Be honest, be a team player, be family orientated, be active and be ready," he said.
The fact that I play my cards close to my chest now. Having lost hands that I thought were winners, I've learned to control my emotions, display little and learn lessons. My hope is to eventually win a really satisfying pot
Previously a Channel Nine show, Farmer Wants a Wife will be instead broadcast on Prime7 in 2020.
The show has so far resulted in nine marriages and 19 babies (with another on the way).
If you'd like to apply to go on the show and meet Farmer Neil, you can make an application here.