Canberrans will have 12 public holidays in 2020, with the ACT government announcing the territory will observe two public holidays for Anzac Day in 2020.
The government on Friday declared that the Monday following Anzac Day - April 27 - will be recognised as a public holiday in 2020.
This will be in addition to the public holiday being observed on Anzac Day - Saturday, April 25. Ceremonial events and activities will be held on the Saturday.
By declaring the additional public holiday, the ACT will be in line with Western Australia, which also observes the Monday public holiday, the government says.
Employment and Workplace Safety minister Suzanne Orr said the addition of the public holiday to the 2020 calendar would allow all Canberrans to mark Anzac Day.
"Anzac Day is a historically and culturally significant time for many Canberrans and should be marked as a holiday for everyone," she said.
"The ACT Government recognises this and is declaring this public holiday to allow Canberrans to reflect, while spending quality time with friends and family."
The ACT's public holidays in 2020 will be:
- New Year's Day, Wednesday, January 1
- Australia Day, Monday, January 27
- Canberra Day, Monday, March 9
- Good Friday, Friday, April 10
- Easter Monday, Monday, April 13
- Anzac Day, Saturday, April 25
- Anzac Day, Monday, April 27
- Reconciliation Day, Monday, June 1
- Queen's Birthday, Monday, June 8
- Labour Day, Monday, October 5
- Christmas Day, Friday, December 25
- Boxing Day, Monday, December 26