The ACT remains the only state or territory yet to report a coronavirus patient, as the number of locally transmitted cases of the disease climbs in NSW.
Health authorities are, though, trying to contact passengers that travelled on two flights between Canberra and Sydney last month, after a man onboard later tested positive for coronavirus.
The man, a NSW resident in his 40s, was travelling on flights between the two cities on February 28 while he may have been infectious with the virus.
There are 70 confirmed cases of the potentially deadly virus in Australia, with three deaths and 22 people who have recovered.
The third death was confirmed on Sunday morning as a NSW man in his 80s at Sydney aged care home.
The 82-year-old was on Wednesday confirmed to have COVID-19 after he picked up the virus from an infected aged care worker in her 50s at BaptistCare's Dorothy Henderson Lodge in Macquarie Park.
Another six cases emerged in NSW on Saturday, bringing that state's total to 34.
Of the new cases, five are close contacts or family of previously confirmed cases.
NSW health authorities are trying to track down passengers on a Qatar Airways flight from Doha after a man in his 70s was among new cases.
In Victoria, it has been revealed a doctor who has fallen ill with the virus treated 70 patients while infected.
The doctor, who is in his 70s, may have contracted the virus while on a flight in the US, Victorian Health Minister Jenny Mikakos said.
"I'm absolutely flabbergasted that a doctor who has experienced flu-like symptoms has presented to work," Ms Mikakos said on Saturday morning.
"I understand it was very mild symptoms - perhaps he didn't make the potential link - but we've now got 70 patients that have been contacted so it is incredibly important that all healthcare workers take this matter very seriously."
Deputy national chief medical officer Professor Paul Kelly on Saturday announced the distribution of a further 260,000 surgical masks from the national medical stockpile.
"It's not an unlimited supply, so there will be other announcements in coming days in relation to our efforts to increase the supply of masks in Australia."
Professor Kelly said it was not surprising the ACT, a small jurisdiction, would be the last in Australia to report a case.
"There is a lot of international travel through and to the ACT, but generally not directly. So people found on the border at the place of first stepping on Australian soil are likely to be diagnosed there rather than the ACT at the moment," he said.
Professor Kelly said the world had reached a "watershed" moment in responding to the virus, but containment was still possible in Australia.
"We may bring it under control and eradicate it completely. That's still something we're looking to do. It's looking less likely that will be the case," he said.
Professor Kelly said most Australian cases so far had been mild, with 22 people listed as recovered after returning a negative test for the virus. At 9am on Saturday, there were 63 confirmed cases in Australia, including two deaths.
He said most of the Australians in hospital in Japan after contracting the virus on the Diamond Princess cruise ship had recovered or were recovering well. None were in a serious condition.
Professor Kelly also flagged further announcements next week on implementing Medicare rebates for health consultations conducted by teleconference.
Meanwhile, police had to be called to a western Sydney supermarket on Saturday after a fight broke out over toilet paper.
Three women were filmed pushing, yelling and pulling hair in a video shared widely on social media.
No arrests have been made but NSW Police are trying to identify all the women in the video.
The supermarket had imposed a four-packet customer limit on the sale of toilet paper after shoppers stripped shelves bare.
As of 11am on Saturday, there were zero confirmed cases of the virus in the ACT, with 239 people returning negative tests so far.
- with AAP