Capital Football is facing the prospect of an $800,000 loss this year if it can't play any of their competitions this winter.
But chief executive Phil Brown was confident Capital Football would survive the coronavirus-induced crisis regardless of the financial outcome.
He said they'd rescheduled their cancelled AGM for May 20, with new nominations closing last week. It will still be held online to abide by social-distancing regulations.
It's believed Capital Football predicted they faced a loss of between $400,000 and $800,000 depending on when they were able to get back on the playing field.
Their competitions are currently suspended until May 31, with a return in July leading to a potential $400,000 loss.
Capital Football were forced to cancel this year's Kanga Cup, which usually nets about $120,000 and $140,000 in revenue.
They also generate about 40 per cent of their revenue through registration fees, which would need to be refunded if the season was cancelled.
"Without going into numbers there will be a deficit for the year," Brown said.
MORE CANBERRA SPORT:
"What that deficit looks like will depend on how much of the season we might be able to deliver and what that means to registration fees.
"We're obviously not going to charge 100 per cent registration fee for half a season.
"There's been a lot of work that's gone in from October last year to today in preparing the season so there will be a deficit to the organisation, but not one that's going to challenge us in terms of our financial capacity going forward.
"We've taken some measures to be able to protect the financial position of the organisation, for example going back to reduced hours and we've cancelled any ongoing costs we might have as a business during this period we're shut down.
"We've modelled a lot of different scenarios to have a look at what it might mean in regards to the financial position if we ran three quarters of the season, half the season or there being no season at all.
"We understand where we might be and we're confident we're in a good financial position to be able to operate moving forward and we're making those cost-saving adjustments to protect the financial viability of the game."
Brown said nominations were reopened following the cancellation of the AGM, with the three nominees who were rejected for the previous able to nominate.
"Still doing it by video conference. That's the plan, there's been no change to restrictions at this point that would enable us to do it in any other way," Brown said.
"It was opened up again for anyone to nominate. Nominations closed [Tuesday] and we're going through the process of validating the nominations before releasing them to the football community."