The partner of a former bikie boss has corroborated claims he was shot by masked gunmen in two separate attacks, telling a court she arrived home on the first occasion to find him bleeding "a fair bit" from the head.
Former Canberra Comanchero commander Peter Zdravkovic, 38, is on trial in the ACT Supreme Court after pleading not guilty to the unauthorised possession of a rifle and knuckledusters.
Prosecutors say police found the items during a search of Mr Zdravkovic's property on June 30, 2018, two days after four masked intruders had stormed the Calwell premises.
The attackers shot Mr Zdravkovic in the left hand on that occasion, severing the top of one of his fingers, and set three of his cars alight.
The court heard on Tuesday that the 38-year-old claimed also to have suffered a gunshot wound to the head in an earlier incident that he said took place on March 17, 2018.
On Wednesday, Mr Zdravkovic's partner Tayysha Senthavysouk gave evidence that he had called her on that night as she was returning from "a car event" in Sydney.
Ms Senthavysouk said Mr Zdravkovic told her that masked men had come to their home and that there had been "a fight" in the pergola area.
The former bikie boss said on the phone, according to Ms Senthavysouk, that he had suffered a gunshot wound to the head but was concerned about going to hospital.
She told the court that upon her return home, she tended to a wound that Mr Zdravkovic claimed was the result of a bullet fired by one of the intruders grazing the top of his head.
"I saw all the blood on his head and he had, like, lumps on his head," Ms Senthavysouk said.
"I cleaned him up."
Ms Senthavysouk said she was "very scared", but did not suggest contacting police because she assumed Mr Zdravkovic would not want to do this.
"He said just to leave it. It's not my business ... he's got it under control," she told the court.
Ms Senthavysouk indicated that she had been concerned about Mr Zdravkovic's gang involvement for as long as she had known of it.
Just prior to the relevant date in March 2018, she was particularly worried about her partner's behaviour and issued him with an ultimatum.
"[I told him] he'd either choose that sort of lifestyle, or the family and his son," she told the court.
As a result, according to Ms Senthavysouk, Mr Zdravkovic left the Comancheros and burnt his gang colours shortly before the first incident.
She then became aware of a number of threats, including one about a "hit squad" coming to their home, in the lead-up to the June 2018 attack, for which she was present.
Ms Senthavysouk said she was in bed watching YouTube videos of dogs when that incident occurred.
She indicated that she heard what sounded like gunshots and smelt smoke before Mr Zdravkovic, who was naked after a shower, ran into the bedroom and told her to "get down".
The court has heard that the former gang leader then went to confront the attackers and engaged in a shootout with them, suffering the hand injury, before the assailants fled.
Ms Senthavysouk said that around the time of both incidents, Mr Zdravkovic was trying to brush off any concerns that he might be the target of an attack by telling her not to worry because it was "club business" and that he had things under control.
But under cross-examination by defence barrister Jason Moffett, she said she could tell Mr Zdravkovic was scared and his attempts to quell her fears had not provided much reassurance.
The trial continues.