Subscriber

Public interest demands charges against David McBride be dropped, says Nick Xenophon

BF
By Blake Foden
Updated October 16 2020 - 9:21pm, first published 1:00am
David McBride outside the ACT Supreme Court earlier this year. Picture: Blake Foden

The Commonwealth's decision not to charge a journalist who reported on alleged war crimes should be the catalyst for authorities to drop the prosecution of the man who blew the whistle, a lawyer for the former army officer says.

Advertisement

Ad

Advertisement

Ad
BF

Blake Foden

Canberra Times court reporter

As a journalist, I've covered everything from a royal tour and a terror attack to international sport. After stints in New Zealand, the UK and the Canary Islands, I returned to Australia in 2018. These days, I cover the ACT and Queanbeyan courts.