A driver accused of mowing down three Canberra police officers denies charges of attempting to murder the trio.
Thomas Matthews is also set to defend three allegations of driving at the officers with intent to risk their safety.
The 30-year-old Hawker man listened over the phone from the Alexander Maconochie Centre as his lawyer entered six not guilty pleas in the ACT Magistrates Court on Monday morning.
The solicitor, Tom Taylor of Hugo Law Group, did not enter a plea to a further charge of culpable driving causing grievous bodily harm.
All seven charges were laid after police allege Matthews deliberately drove into a male detective leading senior constable and two female constables on July 11.
The most senior of the trio had been training the junior pair, who were recent ACT Policing recruits, in traffic duties.
They had pulled over a Toyota Aurion at the intersection of Forest Drive and Lady Denman Drive when it is alleged Matthews veered off the road and headed directly for them in a Ford Laser.
Police have said the male officer was thrown onto the bonnet of the Laser, striking the windscreen before landing on the ground.
One of the female constables was also thrown to the floor after being struck, it is alleged, while the other was run over and pinned under the Ford.
Despite their injuries, the officers managed to arrest Matthews.
Matthews has been in ever since, having so far declined to apply for bail.
MORE COURT AND CRIME NEWS:
Police are yet to establish a suspected motive, but Commander Michael Chew has said terrorism would be considered as a possibility.
Matthews was on conditional liberty at the relevant time, having allegedly lit a fire and attacked police officers with a weapon in May.
On Monday, Mr Taylor also entered pleas of not guilty to two charges stemming from that incident.
Those were arson and committing an act endangering life.
Prosecutor Anthony Williamson asked for a lengthy adjournment, telling the court he expected it would take some time to prepare the "voluminous" brief of evidence that must now be served.
Magistrate Beth Campbell granted the request and set the case down to return to court on October 11.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: