The ACT has reported 12 new cases of COVID-19 and one person has been hospitalised with the virus.
There are now 94 cases active in the territory. There are seven cases under investigation including the index case for this outbreak.
A further three cases which are linked to the ACT outbreak live in the surrounding NSW region.
ACT chief health officer Kerryn Coleman said one person had been hospitalised with the virus. That person was confirmed as a positive case at 1am Friday.
Dr Coleman said the person was stable and did not currently require ventilation and was not currently in ICU.
She said as case numbers continued to rise, more people would be likely to be hospitalised.
There are now 25 cases linked to Lyneham High, 13 linked to Fiction nightclub, eight linked to the Jaguar dealership, five associated with Gold Creek school and three cases each linked with the Belconnen basketball stadium, the Downer Community Centre and Assembly bar.
No new cases have been detected linked to the Greenway Views aged care facility, Dr Coleman said.
There are more than 20,000 people in quarantine in the ACT and more than 5000 people have been identified as casual contacts.
More than 6000 tests have been conducted in the past 24 hours.
ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr said the caseload rising from one to nearly 100 in less than a week "demonstrates how quickly this can spread".
"We have two choices, see this through, see the numbers continue to reduce or the alternative path and people have been that plays out," he said.
On Thursday, there were 83 active cases in Canberra, and although 12 more were added on Friday, Dr Coleman said one case was found in the system as a duplicate and was removed.
The list of public exposure sites continued to grow to more than 250, including public transport routes, fast food outlets and a childcare outlet.
It has also been confirmed the two cases detected in Queanbeyan were acquired in Canberra. Both people live in Queanbeyan but work in the ACT.
NSW reported 642 new cases on Friday which included two cases in Goulburn.
The wait to get a COVID-19 test has significantly reduced as two more sites were opened to the public on Friday.
Meanwhile, Canberrans continue to lead the vaccination charge as more young people are coming out to get the AstraZeneca vaccine since the Delta outbreak started last week.
Our coverage of the health and safety aspects of this outbreak of COVID-19 in the ACT and the lockdown is free for anyone to access. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support. You can also sign up for our newsletters for regular updates.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: