Four board meetings in four days should officially spell the end of winter sport in Canberra.
The ACT government's decision on Tuesday to extend the lockdown until October 15 has made it increasingly unlikely the three major sports - rugby union, netball and hockey - who have held out until now will be able to finish their seasons.
Netball ACT's meeting Tuesday night, ACT Rugby on Wednesday and Hockey ACT on Thursday, with the latter expected to announce their current ladder leaders as premiers for the 2021 season.
Then Canberra Racing will meet on Friday - at their meeting that's already been relocated to Queanbeyan - to ratify the shifting of their September 25 meeting to Queanbeyan on September 28.
With Chief Minister Andrew Barr saying restrictions would be reviewed midway through the four-week extension, there's some hope Canberra Racing's October 8 meeting could go ahead at Thoroughbred Park.
But if it can't it will probably be abandoned.
Their meeting two weeks after that could be moved to Queanbeyan if needed.
Hockey ACT already ended their regular season and set a deadline of October 10 to compete finals by.
That won't be possible and Hockey ACT chief executive Rob Sheekey expected they'll officially call off the season.
"We've got a board meeting on Thursday night where that will be discussed now and it's more than likely we'll move in line with those requirements and the season unfortunately will have to be ended," Sheekey said.
"Obviously I can't confirm that until Thursday, but given the extension extends to the 15th ... it now seems highly unlikely they'll be any way the season can be completed.
"[We're] waiting for some information from government ... they did hint at there would be some sport and recreation meetings, but I think that's just for golf, tennis and rowing.
"But we are waiting for some clarification from Sport and Rec just exactly what those details are so once we've got all that information we should be able to make a final decision."
MORE CANBERRA SPORT
He said it was important for teams' efforts to be recognised and they would use a "first past the post" model to decide who won this year's premiership.
"We're far enough through our season now we thought premierships could be awarded based upon season results rather than finals series," Sheekey said.
"They will be marked with a little asterisk, but the teams who are in front at this stage will be awarded premierships."
Rugby ACT will meet on Wednesday to make a final call on their season, while Netball ACT will meet on Tuesday night.
Netball ACT chief executive Matthew Battams said it was "increasingly difficult" to complete their season.
Battams said there were no guarantees community sport would return immediately if the lockdown ended after nine weeks.
Last year there was a gradual return to sport following the 2020 lockdown.
"I don't want to pre-empt [the meeting] ... but it makes it increasingly difficult after what would then be nine weeks of lockdown to return to any form of community sport, whether that be netball or a field sport," Battams said.
"Just because we're out of lockdown doesn't mean community sport can return. It's not just nine weeks it's how long after that."
Racing Canberra boss Andrew Clark said they would finalise the locations for their final September meet on Friday.
It's likely to be moved to Queanbeyan, given they still haven't been granted exemptions for jockeys and key TV personnel to allow racing to resume at Thoroughbred Park.
But Clark said there was a glimmer of hope that could change in two weeks.
That would open the door for racing to return to Canberra in October for the first time since August 6.
"That meeting [on AFL grand final day] will be decided upon Friday. That'll either be at Canberra, which appears unlikely, or it will be staged at Queanbeyan on Tuesday, September 28," Clark said.
"Following that we'll touch base with the ACT government and ACT Health again because in that lockdown extension they did note there was going to be a checkpoint in two weeks' time so we'll touch base with them again nearer the end of that two weeks because our next meeting after that is October 8 and Queanbeyan themselves race on October 12 so both meetings couldn't be held at Queanbeyan.
"We would need to hold that meeting at Canberra for it to proceed. That may be problematic - we would need to get exemptions obviously being in lockdown.
"It would depend on what that checkpoint is in two weeks' time."