Lamp sparks fire at Belconnen primary school
Advertisement

Lamp sparks fire at Belconnen primary school

Fire crews extinguished a blaze at a Belconnen school on Monday morning, which was sparked by a lamp falling onto a piece of furniture.

ACT Fire & Rescue responded to an automatic fire alarm at St Johns the Apostle Primary School just before 7am.

An ACT Emergency Services Agency spokesman said firefighters removed a piece of furniture from the school building, which had been set alight by a lamp.

He said the fire had been contained to one building. The incident was not expected to cause any disruption to the school day.

Dan Jervis-Bardy is a Canberra Times reporter.

Most Viewed in National

Loading
Advertisement