An elderly woman has sustained with serious burns after her electric blanket caught on fire.
Firefighters and paramedics were called to the home on Boorowa Street in Cunningar, near Harden, about 7.30am on Monday after a reports of a fire in the bedroom.
By the time crews arrived, the electric blanket in the bed had been extinguished, a NSW Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said.
A 95-year-old woman had suffered serious burns, a NSW Ambulance spokeswoman said.
A man had also suffered burns and minor smoke inhalation.
Both were taken by ambulance to the Harden Murrumburrah Hospital.
The Snowy Hydro Southcare helicopter was dispatched but was not required, a spokeswoman said.
The woman was admitted to Harden Murrumburrah Hospital in a critical condition.