A man was treated for smoke inhalation and people were evacuated from an apartment block in Forrest when a motorcycle caught fire in an underground car park.
An Emergency Services Agency spokesperson said the fire, reported just before 4pm Monday, was contained to the motorcycle in the Evolve Apartments, on New South Wales Crescent, Forrest.
"A small amount of people have been evacuated from the basement area whilst crews clear the smoke from the area," the spokesperson.
"Fire & Rescue crews applied first aid to a male patient, the owner of the bike, with ACT Ambulance Service intensive care paramedics also called to the scene. The patient was treated for minor smoke inhalation and will not require hospitalisation."
The fire was caused by petrol leaking onto the motorbike's hot engine.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.