Discount supermarket Aldi wants you to listen up - poor shopper behaviour will not be tolerated.
There's a few other changes to its operations announced on Tuesday night - new trading hours, extra product restrictions, a refund policy change and new conditions of entry.
Aldi's expectations of customer behavior was presented in seven points:
- Respect our employees and their physical space
- Respect each other and look out for those less able
- Practice good hygiene in our stores
- Do not attempt to 'game' our product restriction policies
- We remind you that we will not accept any violent behaviour (verbal or physical) in or around our stores and the police will be called immediately if required
- Be kind, be calm, be empathetic and most of all be courteous
- And please, do one nice thing for someone else when you leave our store today
In return, the email said,Aldi will be "supporting our 13,000 employees across the country and implementing the necessary hygiene procedures to ensure you can shop with confidence".
"This is unchartered (sic) territory for many of us, so please remember to be kind, be calm, be empathetic and most of all be courteous."
From today Aldi also has changed trading hours across its stores to 9:30am to 7pm, unless other state and local trading restrictions apply.
Meanwhile, shoppers will face temporary limits on the following products:
- Toilet paper - 1 unit
- Dry pasta - 2 units
- Flour - 2 units
- Dry rice (excludes microwave rice) - 2 units
- Paper towels - 2 units
- Tissues - 2 units
- Hand sanitisers - 2 units
To further discourage over-purchasing Aldi has temporarily suspended its change-of-mind refund policy on a number of products.
"If you have already purchased additional items you no longer want, please look at donating them to community organisations or neighbours who have been struggling to purchase them during this time," the email said.
Those products are:
- Toilet paper
- Tissues and serviettes
- Paper towels
- Nappies and baby wipes
- Feminine hygiene and incontinence products
- Hand sanitisers
- Cleaning products (including anti-bacterial wipes)
- Canned food (including fish, fruit, vegetables, soup)
- Pasta and pasta sauce
- Rice and rice meals
- Cooking oils and vinegars