The man punched by Curtis Scott at a Canberra nightclub has made a formal complaint to police and also plans to sue the embattled Raiders player.
It is understood the man, who suffered a broken nose in the incident, gave officers a signed statement last Friday.
Sources have confirmed the man has also engaged lawyers who have served Scott with a personal injury claim notification form, which is a legal document designed to give notice of an intention to commence civil action.
ACT Policing this week refused to reveal whether Scott was under investigation, citing "privacy reasons".
But a spokesman said the force was investigating allegations of an assault that was said to have occurred at Kokomo's in Civic late on May 30.
Chief Police Officer Neil Gaughan had previously said ACT Policing had "secured CCTV footage" of the incident, but the force would not take action unless a complaint was made.
"We need a victim in this circumstance," he said last month.
"We have seen the footage, which I think pretty much as has everyone on the east coast of Australia."
The revelation that a formal complaint has now been made follows the NRL on Tuesday issuing Scott with a breach notice alleging his actions at Kokomo's "brought the game into disrepute".
The league has proposed fining Scott $15,000 and suspending him for three matches.
"Scott has been advised that an existing $15,000 suspended fine will also be activated if this new breach notice is confirmed by the NRL," the league said in a statement.
The 23-year-old centre has so far missed four games, meaning he has already served the suggested ban, since being stood down by the Raiders in early June.
The club only became aware of the Kokomo's episode when The Canberra Times published CCTV footage captured inside the central Canberra nightspot.
The video shows Scott involved in an altercation at the venue a few minutes before midnight on the night in question.
He can be seen throwing punches at a fellow patron before he is restrained and ejected.
Scott has been in Sydney the last few weeks, having been given a training program to follow since the Raiders stood him down.
The Canberra Times on Wednesday revealed the club had applied to the NRL to bring the former Melbourne Storm centre back into its COVID-19 bubble.
It is believed the Raiders board is holding off on making a final call on Scott's future while police continue to investigate.
The NRL does not plan to impose any further sanctions regardless of the outcome of any legal proceedings.
ACT Policing encouraged anyone who witnessed the Kokomo's incident and had not yet spoken to police to come forward.
"Please contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000," a spokesman said.
"Quote reference number 6817529. Information can be given anonymously."
With David Polkinghorne
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: