The ACT has recorded 14 new cases of COVID-19 to 8pm Wednesday.
All of the new cases are linked and only one was infectious in the community, "for a very short period of time".
ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr said the one person who was infectious in the community was considered low risk.
"If we get more days like this that is very encouraging that our lockdown is working and that we're able to control the spread of the virus," he said.
Nine people are hospitalised with COVID-19 and an unvaccinated woman in her 40s remains in a critical condition in intensive care.
Mr Barr said some of those people had pre-existing conditions.
Canberra has 190 active cases.
Twelve of the new cases are household contacts and the other two are from existing clusters.
Deputy Chief Health Officer Vanessa Johnston said young people continue to make up a large proportion of infection, with 38 per cent in people aged 17 and under.
46 per cent of cases are in people aged 18 to 44, and 12 per cent in people 45 to 64. A further 4 per cent are in people aged above 65.
There are now about 7000 close contacts identified and 4,300 casual contacts.
Dr Johnston was "cautiously optimistic" as the number of cases in quarantine rather than infectious in the community was heading the right way.
Mr Barr said "spring is going to be difficult" in the ACT and across the country.
He added there would be "very careful management" of the virus in the territory and that coming out of lockdown was a "very delicate balancing act".
"Our vaccination rates whilst nation leading are still not sufficient," he said.
The Chief Minister said the Chief Health Officer would brief government on possible changes to health measures on Thursday afternoon, which would be announced Friday.
"It will be gentle steps forward until the nation reaches those key vaccination targets," he said
Mr Barr said the population aged 12 and above would now be taken into consideration for vaccination targets.
About 37 per cent of the ACT population aged 12 and above is fully vaccinated.
About one third of Canberra's unvaccinated 16 to 29 cohort have registered interest in a Pfizer vaccine, in anticipation of appointments becoming available next month.
The ACT has hit the two-week mark of lockdown, which Mr Barr has confirmed will not end before September 2.
What happens beyond September 2 would be considered next week.
READ MORE COVID-19 NEWS:
- Live updates: Restrictions to change as ACT heads into lockdown week three
- Authorities probe some movements two weeks before first case found
- Surge centre to be readied for a possible summer Covid case influx
- Condamine Court residents in quarantine 'left in the dark'
- 'You get itchy feet': Student nurses eager to join vaccination effort
- Ultra-tight ACT Covid rules 'crippling', say business owners
- 'We had been preparing for this': Disability cluster grows
- ACT has reported nine new cases, but one now in intensive care
Meanwhile, vaccination rates of staff at Canberra's aged care facilities have reported a "significant improvement" since lockdown began, with first dose coverage jumping from 44 per cent to 82 per cent.
Health Minister Rachel Stephen-Smith said there were no further cases linked to the Greenway Views aged care facility where a staff member worked while infectious.
The close contacts of a University of Canberra Hospital staff member who worked while infectious, have all tested negative.
Ms Stephen-Smith said all patients at the hospital would be tested out of caution.
Authorities are preparing open the AIS Arena as a mass vaccination hub as soon as possible to allow the Garran surge centre to return to its original purpose - as a specialised COVID-19 emergency department.
Contact tracers are working hard to determine the source of several unlinked cases that have popped up in the territory, with contact tracers asking some people who have contracted the virus about their movements two weeks before the first case was found.
The list of exposure sites continues to grow, with casual contact sites in Tuggeranong added overnight.
Our coverage of the health and safety aspects of this outbreak of COVID-19 in the ACT and the lockdown is free for anyone to access. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support. You can also sign up for our newsletters for regular updates.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: