Bookings for 16- to 29-year-olds in ACT government-run mass vaccination clinics would open "in the coming days", Chief Minister Andrew Barr said.
More than 25,000 people in the ACT have already registered to make an appointment when bookings become available for the ACT's largest cohort.
Registrations opened for people aged 16 to 29 last week.
But the first appointments will not be available under late October and into November, the period Mr Barr said would be the ACT's biggest months of vaccinations.
The ACT government will move its mass vaccination hub from the Garran surge centre to the AIS Arena from Friday.
The new hub will have the capacity to deliver 24,000 Pfizer doses a week, ahead of an expected boost to vaccine supply for the territory.
Mr Barr said the ACT would be working hard to vaccinate as many people as possible, and the arrival of the Moderna vaccine would be crucial to the rollout.
"It would be everyone's desire to have way more than 80 per cent double dose vaccinated by Christmas. And I hope that the ACT can be at 95 per cent by Christmas," he said.
The federal government announced earlier this month Australians aged 16 to 39 would become eligible for the Pfizer vaccine from August 30.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison made the announcement without first informing the ACT of the change.
"We agreed today, and the cabinet met today, to affirm that we will be moving to opening up 16- to 39-year-olds for the balance of the program," Mr Morrison said on August 19.
Mr Barr on Monday said the Prime Minister's statement was not particularly helpful, because supply limitations meant appointments were still months away for the next cohort.
The ACT has recorded 12 new cases of COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm on Sunday.
Two of the newly announced cases were in quarantine for all of their infectious period, with six being infectious in the community, with four under investigation.
There are also two cases with no known links at this stage.
Mr Barr has stressed the importance of vaccinations, and has encouraged people to take up AstraZeneca jabs.
Mr Barr last week said given the growing outbreak in the ACT and the slow supply of Pfizer, people aged 18 and above could be fully vaccinated faster with AstraZeneca.
"I think most people would still be better choosing AstraZeneca today based on our current projection of Pfizer supplies," he said.
"The best vaccine is the one you can get today, and it does give you first-dose protection."
More to come.
Our coverage of the health and safety aspects of this outbreak of COVID-19 in the ACT and the lockdown is free for anyone to access. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support. You can also sign up for our newsletters for regular updates.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: