All the auction items for this year's press gallery Midwinter Ball are now online, ready for bids.
The once-in-a-lifetime experiences up for grabs include a game of tennis or a game of pool at the Lodge with Prime Minister Anthony Albanese, an "intimate dinner" with the teal independents and watching a game of cricket in the Big Bash League with Opposition Leader Peter Dutton.
Dinner with the ACT's own independent senator David Pocock is also one of the items being auctioned.
The auction is open until 5pm on Wednesday, September 7 at ebay.com.au/str/bidforgood.
The ball will be held later that night.
"The Midwinter Ball Charity auction is a unique event that has successfully raised more than $4.4 million for charity," he said.
"I urge everyone to dig deep and make this year's event a success.
"I'd also encourage bids to have a game of tennis or a game of pool at The Lodge."
The items to be auctioned include:
- A game of tennis at The Lodge with Prime Minister Anthony Albanese
- Pool or snooker with Prime Minister Anthony Albanese at The Lodge
- Dinner with Foreign Minister Penny Wong and Environment Minister Tanya Plibersek
- A night of cricket with Opposition Leader Peter Dutton at a Brisbane Heat Big Bash League match
- A round of golf (and a drink at the 19th hole) with Deputy Prime Minister Richard Marles
- Dinner in Canberra with independent MPs Zoe Daniel, Monique Ryan, Allegra Spender and Kylea Tink
- An NRL experience with federal Treasurer Jim Chalmers watching the Brisbane Broncos
- A night of fine dining with Senator David Pocock at one of Canberra's best restaurants
- Business class return on board Qantas to either London or Los Angeles
- 2022 AFL grand final package on September 24 with hospitality in the 1st class luxurious September Club
- Dine at the National Press Club of Australia with six senior political journalists from Canberra's Press Gallery.
The charities to benefit this year from the black-tie ball are Roundabout Canberra (which rehomes pre-loved baby and children's items to local families experiencing hardship), food rescue charity OzHarvest Australia, Fearless Women (which supports girls and young women in the ACT with mentoring, counselling and in-schools programs), Rural Aid Australia (which works with primary producers and rural communities to assist them through natural disasters) and the Ukraine Crisis Appeal run by the Australian Federation of Ukrainian Organisations.