The Canberra smoke has done it again. This time forcing Softball Australia to relocate the men's national softball championships from Hawker to Sydney.
And it's left a $60,000 hole in the Softball ACT budget.
It's a massive amount for the small organisation, which is why they've set up a GoFundMe page to try and limit the loss.
The nationals will still start on Sunday - just three hours away at Blacktown.
With only 1200 members, Softball ACT have used hosting events as a way to bolster their income.
Chief executive Ben Kirk said while it was nothing compared to what some people had lost, it was a blow nonetheless.
"We were supportive of [Softball Australia's] stance for the greater good of the sport, even though it's going to leave us in a pretty average spot," Kirk said.
"Obviously it's not anyone's fault and we don't want to put on the 'poor-me hat' because we're a sports organisation and there's people who have lost their houses and lives."
MORE CANBERRA SPORT
The ACT 89ers are looking to defend the John Reid Shield they won for a record 16th time last year.
Kirk said they would again be strong under the guidance of captain-coach Andrew Kirkpatrick.
They open their campaign against NSW on Sunday.
"We're probably in a better spot than we were this time last year," Kirk said.