Two brothers have been granted bail after spending months behind bars over the wild Kokomo's nightclub brawl in which Canberra bikie boss Pitasoni Ulavalu was fatally stabbed in the neck.
But significant cash sureties must be deposited with the ACT Magistrates Court before Matthew Kupu and Osaiasi Avanua Sydney Kupu are released from custody.
When the western Sydney siblings appeared in court on Tuesday morning, prosecutor Anthony Williamson did not oppose their applications for bail.
Magistrate Beth Campbell agreed to release the pair on lengthy lists of conditions, which include "an acceptable person" putting $10,000 on the line for each man and agreeing to forfeit that money if they fail to attend future court dates.
The brothers, who will live together at an address in Ermington, NSW, must also observe a nightly curfew, surrender their passports, and refrain from contacting co-defendants and prosecution witnesses.
The court heard that it was likely they would be released from custody on Wednesday, with family members needing to travel down from Sydney with the cash sureties and passports.
The Kupus, who have both pleaded not guilty to affray, were among six men arrested in August and charged over the July 19 fight that left the Comanchero gang's Canberra chapter commander dead in Civic.
The other defendants' cases were also mentioned on Tuesday, when accused killer Frederick Elijah Mercy Tuifua's matter was adjourned with no application for bail.
Mr Tuifua, of Silverwater in western Sydney, has pleaded not guilty to the alleged murder of Mr Ulavalu.
Maximilian Ellis Kurt Budack, who is understood to be a Canberran, will also remain in custody on remand after having his matter put over until next year.
Mr Budack, who has pleaded not guilty to affray, was arrested alongside Mr Tuifua and the Kupus after the group turned up at a hospital emergency department on August 5.
He had received three bullet wounds in a shooting that remains under investigation, but which police suspect was a reprisal attack linked to the Civic nightspot brawl.
Mr Budack's lawyer told the court on Tuesday that she had received a 100-gigabyte USB containing a "voluminous" brief of evidence, which she needed time to consider.
The final two men to be arrested, Canberrans whose identities have been suppressed by the court, have also pleaded not guilty to affray.
All six defendants are set to appear in the ACT Magistrates Court again on January 12 next year.
Detectives have previously said they anticipate further arrests and charges in an ongoing probe that has already led to the discovery of a knife described as "the suspected murder weapon".
- Alleged bikie boss killer pleads not guilty to murder
- Police find suspected murder weapon following bikie boss stabbing
- Four charged following bikie boss' death remanded in custody
- Man charged with murder of Comanchero bikie boss
- Nothing to suggest rival gangs involved in death: bikie lawyer
- Likely successor to slain bikie boss refused bail amid fears of 'lethal' reprisals