The ACT government's $14 billion 10-year infrastructure plan will be reworked in response to the coronavirus pandemic, with a new roadmap expected by the end of the year.
Chief Minister Andrew Barr will tell the ACT's parliament on Wednesday the world has shifted significantly since the plan was released in October 2019.
"The past year has demonstrated why an infrastructure plan is essential to business and economic confidence, and for keeping Canberrans in work," Mr Barr will say.
Mr Barr will welcome the federal government's increased investment in ACT infrastructure projects.
"The Commonwealth public service has recognised that the ACT government is a good partner to work with, and it's a step in the right direction that we have been able to work closely with them on the development of these projects," his update will say.
The ACT infrastructure plan was released in October 2019, with its implementation hinging on Commonwealth and private sector investment in the Canberra economy.
The plan outlined health, education, transport, city services and recreation projects as part of a vision for a population of more than 500,000 people in Canberra by 2029.
The plan also included a new Canberra theatre and planning work for the future of Canberra Stadium and Exhibition Park, but it did not set firm timelines for projects.
"I would more closely link this plan to population growth than I would to years," Mr Barr said at the time.
The ACT government did not spend almost $250 million that had been set aside for construction and infrastructure projects in the last financial year, blaming slower-than-anticipated delivery of projects.
The government said it would spend $767 million on capital works in 2019-20, but audited budget papers showed the final figure was only $521 million.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: