Subscriber

Mark Parton says launch campaign for Civic's 40km/h speed limits failed

Jasper Lindell
By Jasper Lindell
Updated August 3 2021 - 8:08pm, first published 5:00pm
Signs on Northbourne Avenue warn motorists of new 40km/h speed zones. Picture: Keegan Carroll

The number of speeding fines being issued in Canberra's city centre, where speed limits were recently lowered, shows a campaign to inform motorists of the change failed, the opposition's spokesman on transport says.

Advertisement

Ad
Jasper Lindell

Jasper Lindell

Assembly Reporter

Jasper Lindell joined the Times in 2018. He is a Legislative Assembly reporter, covering ACT politics and government. He also writes about development, heritage, local history, literature and the arts, as well as contributing to the Times' Panorama magazine on Saturdays. He was previously a Sunday Canberra Times reporter.

Get the latest Canberra news in your inbox

Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.

We care about the protection of your data. Read our Privacy Policy.