A late night fire that caused more than $300,000 worth of damage to an Amaroo home was sparked by a clothes dryer, a spokesperson from the ACT Emergency Services Agency has confirmed.
ACT Fire & Rescue were called to the house in Traine Court shortly after 11.30pm on Thursday night to find it engulfed by flames.
Its sole occupant had fled the property after he was alerted to the fire by the smoke alarm. He was uninjured.
Several of his neighbours called triple-0.The roof partially collapsed before firefighters were able to extinguish the fire.
Crews remained on site to monitor leftover hot spots into the morning.
Investigators initially treated the fire as suspicious and urged witnesses to call Crime Stoppers.
On Friday afternoon, an ACT Policing spokeswoman said following a more detailed investigation, the fire had been deemed non-suspicious.