After months of uncertainty caused by bushfires and then a pandemic, tourism on the South Coast is set to restart once again from next month.
With one announcement from Premier Gladys Berejiklian easing travel restrictions across all of NSW from June 1, people were once again making bookings for their next holiday.
Operations manager at Lakesea Park caravan park in South Durras Sam Poulson said the announcement was a shot in the arm for the local tourism industry.
"Our phones have been ringing hot all morning since the Premier came out with the information about restrictions easing," she said. "It's certainly going to go back to being a bit busier."
While winter may normally be among the more quieter months for tourism on the South Coast, Ms Poulson said the timing was fortuitous with the Queen's Birthday long weekend coming up.
"There's been a mixture of inquiries. The Queen's Birthday long weekend is what most people have been inquiring about for bookings but there's also been inquiries for later on and the October long weekend," she said. "It will be great to see happy faces down here."
Tourism and events manager at Eurobodalla Shire Council Tim Booth said the area was looking forward to welcoming back Canberrans to the South Coast.
"2020 has not been a year many will look back on fondly with the bushfires and now coronavirus and any assistance from people will be greatly appreciated," he said. "The tourism industry has been ravaged pretty hard and all the regions are certainly looking forward to seeing visitors back."
While tourists are being welcomed back with open arms, social distancing measures will still be in place.
Mr Booth said businesses and attractions in the area frequented by travellers would still have limits in place on the number of customers. "It's something that everyone has still got to figure out," he said. "We know a lot of businesses will open once stage two happens, and tourism will allow more businesses to get back up and running."
Shannan Perry-Hall, Tourism Manager for Shoalhaven City Council said: "We are really excited to welcome visitors back but make sure you plan and book ahead.
"Even going into winter, the beaches are spectacular. We love our visitors from Canberra."
She said there was some nervousness among some people because they had suffered the bushfires and then the Covid lock-down. Some feared that outsiders would bring the virus. Social distancing was still in place. And some parks still aren't open after the fire.
But she said visitors were very welcome. "Jervis Bay has always been Canberra's beach".
She said there had been an increase in inquiries for accommodation over the past week.