A house fire in Watson has been extinguished and the street has reopened after emergency services left the scene.
Residents who were inside the Irvine Street home when a fire broke escaped safely, as firefighters worked to tackle the blaze on Wednesday afternoon.
The Emergency Services Agency said a smoke alarm alerted them to the accidental fire in the kitchen.
"ACT Fire & Rescue is reminding Canberrans: 'Don't stop looking while you're cooking'," ESA said in a statement.
Irvine Street reopened shortly before 6pom after it was earlier closed between Knox Street and Cullen Street.
An ESA spokeswoman said there wasn't extensive damage to the home.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: